Conveyancing Services Adelaide.


At Honen’s Conveyancing we can assist you with a wide range of services. No job is too big or small for our team! We have a specialist ready to deliver exceptional service from start to finish.


Property settlement
Buying or selling a property is one of the most life changing times in your life! While it is very exciting searching for that perfect home, it can also be a very time-consuming and stressful project. At Honen’s Consulting , we take away all the unnecessary stress and tasks and all you have to worry about is how to decorate that beautiful new home of yours. 


The general public are ill-informed about the world of real estate, especially for someone who has never owned a house. Our specialists are here to advise and educate you on the important aspects of buying and selling real estate.


What we can do for you:

  • Peruse your contract and cooling off rights and property details
  • Offer independent advice on special conditions that may be included in the contract
  • Inform you on the different consequences between buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
  • Advise you of your responsibilities in regards to the property and insurance
  • Inform you of the obligations, regulations and responsibilities when buying a strata unit or community lot.
  • Advise you of all settlement costs
  • Assess your eligibility to qualify for the First Home Owners Grant
  • Obtain and examine the title and statutory charges to ensure that there are no outstanding charges on the property.
  • Advise on the preparation or transfer of leases when buying an investment property
  • Advise if a caveat is required to protect your interest.
  • Calculate rates and taxes to be adjusted on the property and discuss any land tax implications
  • Liaise with your bank in regard to discharging your mortgage if selling, or providing information for your new loan when buying, if applicable.
  • Prepare a Memorandum of Transfer and such other documentation as necessary to transfer the property.
  • Arrange for the Government stamp duty to be paid on the Transfer prior to settlement
  • Apply for a reading of the water meter and calculate the water used by the vendor to settlement date.
  • Prepare a settlement statement and forward it to you prior to settlement, so you know what you need to pay, or are to receive.
  • Co-ordinate and attend settlement on your behalf
  • Arrange a bank cheque for all monies due to be paid at settlement
  • Once the settlement is completed, advise you that settlement has occurred, forward change of ownership notifications to local council, SA Water and strata manager, pay any outstanding rates and taxes, and deposit your proceeds if required
  • Advise you on many other real property matters such as:
    Family transactions
    Private sales
    Sale and purchase of business
    Land and community divisions
    Strata applications and amendments
    Commercial leases
    Applications to register name change
    Marriage or death
    Power of attorney


Purchase your first home
Buying your first home is one of the biggest milestones of your adult life. Our team is well-equipped to assist both singles, couples and families to secure their dream home! This time is just as exciting for us as it is for you.

Private contracts
Sometimes sellers find a buyer for their home without even having listed their property. If this sounds like you, have us prepare a private contract for you to ensure the transfer is done properly.  We will issue all the necessary documentation for both you and your purchaser and complete the transaction accordingly.

As with all private contracts, a cooling off rights form applies. As per the Real Property Act, your consultant will prepare the form and present to purchaser.

It is critical that you follow the set of procedures and rules set out under the RPA to ensure the transaction is 100% legal.

Let our specialists oversee your private property sale today.


Land / Community divisions  
Land divisions are a lengthy process which entails a range of stakeholders to complete the transaction. Call us today and we can discuss how we are going to begin the process.


Have you recently got married or divorced? We can prepare all the necessary documents to update on your behalf. If your transaction is a transfer as a result of a new relationship, we can help you straight away. But if you’ve recently separated, we encourage you to seek legal advice initially and we will finalise all necessary transfer papers.


Registration on titles
Do you need to issue a name or title change for your property? Honen’s Coneyancing can arrange to update the registration details on the title to land of your behalf. We can liaise with your lender if required and prepare all necessary documents to complete the change in details.


Caveats / transmissions  
A caveat informs prospective purchasers who propose to deal in the land, that a third person has some right or interest in the land.

If you think you have a legal interest in a property but are not registered on the title, your Conveyancer can advise you and arrange for the registration of a caveat on your behalf. There are certain requirements that you need to fulfil for this to be done which we can explain to you and prepare the necessary paperwork on your behalf.


Business settlements
Out of all the contracts we oversee, business contracts are the most complex and detailed. Honen’s Conveyancing can assist with the following business settlement procedure;

  • Form 2
  • Staff entitlements
  • Registering business name
  • Stock of value
  • Restraint of trade
  • Plant & equipment
  • Franchises & lease deals